24 August, 2009

Italy Day 4




'Game Over'


Today we spent the morning by the pool. We keep doing this and then later think, "Should we have done something more constructive?", and then promising ourselves we will the next day which never seems to materialise. For lunch I made us a gorgeous fresh tomato, mozzarella, olive and ham salad with a pesto dressing. Then we went, believe it or not, back to the pool!




In the evening the girls all went out for a hen night, so the rest of us guys went for some drinks and watched the football. We started by having a 3 course posh dinner at the Hotel Bristol. I had a salmon and rocket salad to start, fried shrimp and squid for mains and lemon cake for dessert. It was nice but I didn't think it was a scratch on the home made real Italian pizza's that our place does.




After dinner we went upstairs to the roof terrace bar to listen to a singer that is due to play at Niamh and Aaron's wedding the day after next. He was truly amazing and it was made better by the hotel owner offering us a round of drinks on the house! I thought he looked just like Paris' dad but Yaz doesn't agree, she says I think everyone looks like Paris' dad!




We then hit the town and met up with some more of the guys, 15 in all. We got rounds of Peroni and moved from bar to bar, avoiding the girls movements as best we could! The night ended when the bar manager gave me a huge double shot of Absinthe, I think he thought I was the groom or something. My movements since this moment are not documented by memory and I was next seen lying on the concrete outside our room asking for a sick bucket.


Game over.




No comments:

Post a Comment