02 August, 2009

Antigua Days 1 & 2



Day 1 - 1st August 2009

Wow! Yaz, her dad, and I stepped off the plane yesterday afternoon to a warm welcome of true Antiguan weather. After a couple of hours Zakia and the rest of the family arrived on their flight and we were on our way to our accommodation.

We're staying in a large place at the edge of Falmouth Harbour, South of the island, in the home of an English family that live and work here. Check the view...


Rainbow this morning.

After a lovely fish dinner, and a very long day of traveling, we we hit the hay at around 10pm local time (3am GMT) and some were kept awake by a huge thundering storm overhead. I, however, had an incredible night's sleep and am feeling fresh this morning and ready for a day on the beach.

Unfortunately the family here missed their flight yesterday by only a few minutes so they're hoping they can catch the next plane out this evening. Today we will all head down to the beach, along with the dog that's scared of men, and get to know each other better.



The mum of the family that lives here is looking for a new nanny to care for her and her husbands three boys from September this year. She asked if I'm interested so I'm seriously considering it now. I would love to do it but I would need to learn to drive asap. Good job my birthday's coming up (Hint hint mum and dad)!


Check the view as I write my blog!


If you know anyone that's good with kids and can handle living on a Caribbean island sailing, diving and sipping on cocktails then let me know and I'll get you the family's contact details.


No comments:

Post a Comment