03 September, 2009

Great River Race - Part 1


'Training'

So I returned from holiday less than 48 hours ago and I've already managed to get myself roped into rowing in The Great River Race this Saturday! For those of you that don't know about it, I will be one of three rowers starting at London Docklands and racing up river to Richmond where I live. Apparently it's 22 miles and will take about 3 or 4 hours!

Last night I went for rowing practice... in the POURING RAIN!

Got completely soaked through and quite cold but still managed to convince myself that I enjoyed it! Perhaps the cold made me delusional. Today I've decided that I cannot prevent getting wet so I'll embrace it instead and wear my nice warm and cosy wetsuit instead of layers that get drenched through anyway.

I'll get my blog on when I've finished the race on Saturday and I'll include lots of photographs etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment